Congratulations! You’ve got a new kitten and you’re ready to take him home. Whether you adopted your cat or bought them from a breeder, you’re in for a real treat. While you’re squealing over your new bundle of joy, there are a couple of things to consider when getting your house ready for a new kitty. At My Pet Savings, we have some tips to make a smooth transition for your cat!
- Provide a comfortable, quiet area away from household traffic with a cardboard box lined with sheets or a nice cat bed to create a safe place for your new kitten to feel secure and warm.
- Provide a scratching post for your kitten to use to prevent clawing of your furniture.
- “Kitten proof” your home by anchoring drape or blind cords and closing the washing and drying machines as your cat may snuggle in there for a warm nap.
- If your kitten meows or is stressed out because he misses his mother, pick him up and talk to him in a soothing voice to ease the stress. Wrapping a ticking clock around a blanket and placing it by his bed can also ease the stress as it will remind him of his mother’s heartbeat.
- Have lots of fun!
Adding a new kitten to your household will be a wonderful addition to your life. You will get to watch him grow up and explore the world around him. For some great toys and other kitten essentials, check out PetBest.com!
Happy Kitty Parenting!
Barkworthies is giving away a case of Himalayan Bully Stick Chews to one luck winner! Himalayan Bully Sticks are two long-lasting treats in one: A Himalayan Dog Chew & a all-natural bully stick! Ends Thursday, May 16th!
Coupons.com has a great bit of savings for your dog!
$0.99 off 1 bag of Dog Chow or Puppy Chow
Happy Pet Savings!
Congratulations! You’ve got a new puppy and you’re ready to take him home. Whether you adopted your pup or bought them from a breeder, you’re in for a real treat. While you’re squealing over your new bundle of joy, there are a couple of things to consider to get your house ready for a new puppy. At My Pet Savings, we have some tips to make a smooth transition for your pup!
- Puppy-proof your home. Find objects around your house that your puppy may chew on. These include electrical cords and wires, shoes, and other objects on the floor.
- Establish which words mean what train. Does “down” mean sit, or lay down on the ground?
- Take your new pup to their toilet area immediately and have him explore his new home. Give your new pup plenty of family time, but also time alone to get used to it.
- Let your pup see and sniff out his new bed. Keep his new bed in a safe, warm area near your bed.
- Have lots of fun!
Adding a puppy is a wonderful addition to your life. You will get to watch him grow up and explore the world around him. For some great toys and other puppy essentials, check out PetSmart.com!
Happy Puppy Parenting!