With their soft fur and adorable faces, a Chinchilla can make a great pet. A chinchilla is both fun and rewarding, but make sure you go into owning one intelligently. At MyPetSavings.com, we have found some interesting facts about chinchillas:
- Chinchillas can jump over six feet in height.
- Chinchillas communicate with vocal sounds – such as grunts, chirps, barking sounds and squeals.
- Chinchillas can sleep upside down. This is because they naturally sleep in small crevices or holes and can squeeze into the tiniest of spaces. They can also sleep upright or on their sides
- Chinchillas are nocturnal, meaning they sleep during the day and come out to play at night.
- They do not bathe in water, but dust instead. They will flip, roll, dig and play merrily in an effort to be clean.
Native to the Andes Mountains in South America, these animals have great personalities and are an amusing pet to own. If you are considering owning a chinchilla,know that it is a long-term investment, as they live up to 20 years. These animals are smart, energetic, and you will have a great time with your very own!
Happy Pet Learning!