Looking for a pet that would be a great addition to your household and also resembles a dinosaur? Well look no further than the green iguana! As a member of the lizard family, the iguana is also related to snakes. They are cold blooded animals that lay eggs and like to bask in the sunlight. If you are interested in owning a green iguana as a pet, or if you already have one, we at MyPetSavings.com have found some interesting facts about green iguanas for you to enjoy!
- An adult green iguana can grow up to 6 feet long.
- Even though they are called green iguanas, they can be other colors such as green, gray, brown and tan. They can also change colors based upon heat requirements, mood, or stress.
- Iguanas can be trained! Many people have trained their pet iguana to find their way home if they are lost.
- Iguanas are strictly herbivores. They love fruits and greens like squash, strawberries, melons, green beans, peppers and watercress.
- Green iguanas live as long as 20 years with proper care and attention.
Green iguanas are the most popular form of exotic pet in the country. They are a low maintenance pet to care of, and with a lot of love and caring, they can be a great addition to your family. Not only is the iguana a fun companion to care for, you will also having a great time watching the iguana while it’s in its habitat. Iguanas can make wonderful pets, even though they spend most of their time basking, resting, and watching. They also need lots of care which you can provide!
Happy Pet Learning!
No related posts.