Rabbits are a great pet to keep around the house, whether you want to keep it indoors in a cage with you or outdoors in a designated area. Pet rabbits are easy to look after and naturally are clean animals and will groom themselves on their own. Rabbits first became domesticated during the Middle Ages, and were originated from the wild rabbits of Europe and Africa. Here are some interesting facts we at MyPetSavings.com would like to share with you!
- Your pet rabbit can be litter trained just like a cat! Training will take a little longer than normally with a cat, but with a little patience and love,it is still possible.
- Rabbits can also live up to 15 years!
- Some rabbits have confirmation showings just like dogs.
- A pet bunny’s teeth will never stop growing.
- A common term for a baby bunny is a “kit” or “kitten”
Having a rabbit can be great to have if you want a pet that is low maintenance and doesn’t require as much work and responsibility as owning a dog or cat would. They have a great temperament and you won’t have to worry about them waking you up randomly in the middle of the night or scratching at your door to come in. Rabbits are also inexpensive to take care of, costing hundreds of dollars less than the average cat or dog costs.